Yesterday I was really excited to see cartooning pal Mark Heath back up and blogging again!
The most interesting of yesterday’s entries for me was this blog about assembling the Sunday comic. There’s a lot of different pieces to be cobbled together in Photoshop, and it’s just so neat to see how differently comics artists work today vs. the gigantic WYSIWYG originals I just saw in Milwaukee.
Anyway, I was recently poring over some originals, and I found this rare uncut sheet of my cartoons.
To save on paper I usually do three to four cartoons on a 9×12 sheet of Borden & Riley. Then I cut them out (sometimes in really goofy shapes depending on the layout) and scan them in.
Then a little Photoshopping and voilÃ !
For some reason this one never met my scissors:
Here are the cartoons in their final forms: