Can you believe it? 1000 blog entries.
It’s taken about 3-1/2 years, and a few different incarnations, but the big day is finally here.
Let’s look back, shall we?
Like a lot of blogs, I began at Blogger in May of 2004, probably a good year or so before blogging really hit the mainstream. The original blog is still there, but any more, it just points to the current URL. (Here’s the very first entry, BTW…)
Things went well and I figured I could keep this up, so the blog was integrated into Andertoons.com in August that same year.
It matched the site nicely, but between juggling Movable Type updates and issues, and the mass of content eventually confusing the search engines about what the site was really about, we separated the site and blog, and moved blogging to MT’s sister software, Typepad in July of 2005, and I’ve been here ever since. (No idea how long I’ve been using Ecto to pen my postings, but it’s right around when I switched to Mac.)
So, now the big question; is anyone reading it? Let’s go to the stats:
Took the above shot a few days ago. Not a bad comment to post ratio.
There’s been a decline in readership the last four months or so, but, to be fair, I’ve not been at my bloggy best.
Still, not too shabby… I should probably get the Google analytics code on the blog sometime to really get some good stats, but it’s about #956 on a list of 2042 things I’d like to get to. OK, on to Technorati:
Not a bad ranking, and my authority rank is OK too for what the blog is about and how much I ramble on other topics. And a fair amount of reactions as seen below:
And you, FeedBurner? What say you?
I musta been writing some good stuff in May. Again, pretty good. How’s about some Google?
#4 for “cartoon blog” as of a few days ago. I’ll take that. And approximately 716 links to it as well. OK.
Now on to the fun stuff; favorite entries. There’s a lot, so let’s break them down by topic.
- 3/11/2005 – A Day In The Life
- 7/17/2006 – Practical Cartoon Advice
- 2/6/2007 – The Gag Cartoonist’s business Plan
- 4/3/2007 – Gag Writing
- 2/20/2006 – “I Continue To Ask That You Kiss My Ass”
- 4/11/2005 – “KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!”
- 8/20/2006 – “Acceptable Losses & Anderson Family Cookout Netless Badminton”
Inside the Cartoonists Studio:
- 11/3/2004 – Garfield – The Movie
- 11/22/2004 – Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol
- 2/1/2005 – Catwoman
- 6/13/2007 – Ghost Rider
- 10/6/2004 – 100th Blog Post
- 3/25/2005 – Mike Lynch Guest Blogs
- 5/10/2005 – One Year Blogged
- 10/29/2005 – 500th Blog Post
- 6/27/2006 – My Wife Blogs
- 9/25/2006 – Typepad’s Featured Blog
Well, that’s about it I guess. Hope you continue to like the blog as much as I like writing it!
If anyone has any other favorite posts, lemme know!
See you at #2000!