This is pretty dark, and not safe for work, but it made me laugh:
Watched some motion comics on the plane this weekend. Best by far was Batman Black and White.
OK, recycled content, but WOW!
- Don’t wait for a syndicate contract to be a cartoonist. If you want to be syndicated, that’s great, but you can earn a living in the meantime.
- Hang in there. Most cartoonists quit quickly. Don’t.
- There are more opportunities out there to sell cartoons and yourself than I’d believed â€“ speaking engagements, craft fairs, schools, etc… Believe me, I’m considering them all now.
- Find people to help you. I’m hiring an assistant as we speak.
- Tabasco themed slot machines are not my friend.
I so hope that this weekend worked out for Chad and Bill, because this was just a tremendous event. I don’t know if I’ve seen one focused on independent cartooning like this, and, if you missed it, pray that there’s another.
I never ever EVER get tired of this: