This is pretty dark, and not safe for work, but it made me laugh:
Month: September 2009
Watched some motion comics on the plane this weekend. Best by far was Batman Black and White.
OK, recycled content, but WOW!
What Didn’t Stay In Vegas
So it’s been a few days since the Success in Comics Seminar put on by the good folks at Tundra , and I wanted to just throw some things out there that have really stuck with me:
- Don’t wait for a syndicate contract to be a cartoonist. If you want to be syndicated, that’s great, but you can earn a living in the meantime.
- Hang in there. Most cartoonists quit quickly. Don’t.
- There are more opportunities out there to sell cartoons and yourself than I’d believed â€“ speaking engagements, craft fairs, schools, etc… Believe me, I’m considering them all now.
- Find people to help you. I’m hiring an assistant as we speak.
- Tabasco themed slot machines are not my friend.
I so hope that this weekend worked out for Chad and Bill, because this was just a tremendous event. I don’t know if I’ve seen one focused on independent cartooning like this, and, if you missed it, pray that there’s another.
Thereâ€™s tons of great cat cartoons here at Andertoons. Just sayinâ€™.
(BTW, you can embed cartoons on your blog too!)
Go Batman Go!
I never ever EVER get tired of this: