So it’s been a few days since the Success in Comics Seminar put on by the good folks at Tundra , and I wanted to just throw some things out there that have really stuck with me:
- Don’t wait for a syndicate contract to be a cartoonist. If you want to be syndicated, that’s great, but you can earn a living in the meantime.
- Hang in there. Most cartoonists quit quickly. Don’t.
- There are more opportunities out there to sell cartoons and yourself than I’d believed â€“ speaking engagements, craft fairs, schools, etc… Believe me, I’m considering them all now.
- Find people to help you. I’m hiring an assistant as we speak.
- Tabasco themed slot machines are not my friend.
I so hope that this weekend worked out for Chad and Bill, because this was just a tremendous event. I don’t know if I’ve seen one focused on independent cartooning like this, and, if you missed it, pray that there’s another.
2 thoughts on “What Didn’t Stay In Vegas”
I had really hoped I could make it there — but it didn’t work out.
Hopefully, there will be another seminar.
I agree that it was a great event. Your presentation was part of what made it that way. Seriously, I’ve never seen Powerpoint elevated to an art form before, and the fact that you had fascinating things to say didn’t hurt at all.
We’ll have to do this again.
Comments are closed.