Watched some motion comics on the plane this weekend. Best by far was Batman Black and White.
OK, recycled content, but WOW!
So it’s been a few days since the Success in Comics Seminar put on by the good folks at Tundra , and I wanted to just throw some things out there that have really stuck with me:
- Don’t wait for a syndicate contract to be a cartoonist. If you want to be syndicated, that’s great, but you can earn a living in the meantime.
- Hang in there. Most cartoonists quit quickly. Don’t.
- There are more opportunities out there to sell cartoons and yourself than I’d believed â€“ speaking engagements, craft fairs, schools, etc… Believe me, I’m considering them all now.
- Find people to help you. I’m hiring an assistant as we speak.
- Tabasco themed slot machines are not my friend.
I so hope that this weekend worked out for Chad and Bill, because this was just a tremendous event. I don’t know if I’ve seen one focused on independent cartooning like this, and, if you missed it, pray that there’s another.
Thereâ€™s tons of great cat cartoons here at Andertoons. Just sayinâ€™.
(BTW, you can embed cartoons on your blog too!)