Just about a week ago my family and I returned from a two-week road trip. It took almost a year and a half of organizing, saving, and planning, but it went off without a hitch and we had a terrific time.
We started out from Chicago, visited Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, spent a week in Washington DC, and then came back the way we came.
We were gone 15 days/14 nights, traveled 1940 miles, spent 43:26 hours in the car, took 1271 pictures, and ate twice at Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream.
Here’s a list of the places we saw:
- Garfield Park Conservatory
- Rhythm! Discovery Center
- Conner Prairie
- The Wilds
- Carnegie Science Center
- Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum
- Great Falls Park
- The White House
- Smithsonian Museum of American History
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- International Spy Museum
- Ford’s Theater
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Smithsonian National Zoo
- The National Mall
- The Newseum
- Smithsonian National Postal Museum
- Dusquene Incline
- Phipps Conservatory
- Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
- Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
- Fair Oaks Farm
And here’s some pics if you’re interested:
I’ll write more in the next few days of some more cartoon related stuff, but I hope you enjoyeed this as much as we did!