I’m kinda really excited about the book coming out, and, assuming it does modestly well, I’m looking at doing a few more this year.
And lately I’ve been thinking about marketing Andertoons a bit more. I’ve tried some advertising, I’m doing the monthly newsletter (and let’s not forget the blog), but the books open up another possibility â€“ conventions.
After some searching I ran across ComicBookConventions.com, and while there a lot there that wouldn’t fit Andertoons well, there’s a few that look interesting:
- MoCCA – No chance for this year, but maybe 2009.
- SPX – Another really good opportunity, and it looks like I could register for this year.
- SPACE – Close to home, but it doesn’t look as well organized or presented. Another for 2009 maybe.
- APE – Another possibility for this year, but it looks pretty comic booky.
I’ve only been to Wizard World here in Chicago once, and I wasn’t really paying close attention to the artist alley, so I have no idea if any of these would be worth it.
I think what I’m looking for is to:
- Sell a few books
- Create some new fans
- Get some publisher attention
So whatcha think? Does this make any sense? Or am I just looking for a way to justify a few days out of the house?